Thursday 15 May 2014

OUGD502 - PPP - Evaluation



BA (Hons.) GRAPHIC DESIGN
LEVEL
05
 Module Code 
OUGD502               


 Module Title
PPP






END OF MODULE SELF-EVALUATION

NAME

Jasper Lee_


1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

Over this module I have learned a lot of skills, specifically related to the business side of graphic design. The group project was a big learning curve as there were a lot of elements involved that I had not encountered before. This was important for both this module and for the future, as I had no previous experience in business but feel I need to improve this before the end of third year.

I have also improved my craft skills over this module, specifically perfect binding. This is something I had only done once properly before but I now feel confident in my ability to perfect bind although it is not perfect yet.

My presenting skills have also improved. Although I see this as one of my stronger skills there is always room for improvement and having to do presentations as part of this module always helps improve my confidence and public speaking.



2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

Something I have done over this module that I haven’t done before is attend talks in Manchester that have a direct collation to my work. I went to BCNMCR, which gave me a great insight into studios in Barcelona, the problems the face and how they work.
This was really applicable to the group work as we were a branding studio in Barcelona.
It informed my process as it taught me what we needed to do to be different and stand out amongst the competition.
This is something I want to do a lot more of as it is a great way to inform your practice and gain a greater knowledge of the industry.




3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

My strength in this module, I believe, is in presenting. I think I am articulate and confident when presenting, which allows me to get my points across with ease.

I feel this is also a skill that has improved over the module as I have practiced and presented several times.

I still think I could engage more with the audience but that is something I can improve on over the summer and into third year.


4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

My weaknesses in this module revolve around time management and blogging. I originally had a big idea to produce a newspaper with two supplements and a video presentation that were completely ready to be sent out but due to poor time management I was not able to complete that.

I have again managed to leave the majority of my blogging to the end. This was not entirely my fault as I had blogged the group project over Easter, Blogger then crashed so it had to be reblogged. The problem with blogging at a later date is that the information is not longer fresh in your mind and you therefore to not give as good an account of the work and project.



5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

1.     Blogging_ I will blog as I go next time so that my documentation is much more thorough and the analysis is much better. This will also give me more time to focus on the practical side of my work.
2.     Time Management_ I need to organise my self much better so that I don’t leave everything to the last minute or until very late. This will improve my overall work production and blogging time.
3.     Finishing_ Although my practical work is finished to a sufficient standard and I am happy with some elements of my self-branding I would like to have done more. I would like to have tried foiling and embossing my business cards, perfecting the perfect bind and produce the creative CV as a poster rather than just a card. I also want to use a jelly glue dot to secure the business card rather than glue so it is easy to remove.
4.     Content_ I want to spend more time on the content and make it exactly how I want it so that it gives the best impression of myself. I think the current content covers the basic but I want to do much more than that. I want to give them something that is not only good to handle, feel and look at but also something that is interesting to read and look through
5.     Printing_ Similarly to the finishing I would have liked to have professionally printed my work and maybe embossed or spot varnished multiple elements of the self-branding. This will give my pack a much more professional feel and will be much more aesthetically pleasing.



6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’) 

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance




X
Punctuality




X
Motivation



X

Commitment


X


Quantity of work produced


X


Quality of work produced


X


Contribution to the group



X

The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment