Sunday 19 April 2015

PPP PRESENTATION - MID WAY PRESENTATION





I  have refined and focused my statement down.

It was now more appropriate with my design work and professional direction. 


Deeper knowledge - Role of graphic design in fashion & advertising.
How to design for app production.

Business side of graphic design.

Improve my confidence focusing on my own ability.
- Contacting professionals.


A deeper knowledge of the role of graphic design in the fashion industry.

The business side of graphic design.

Improved confidence in contacting professionals.


Videography skills.

Improved software skills.

Preparation for industry.

Digital design skills.



At the beginning of the summer term in Level 05 I discovered The Allotment Store. A alternative high end mens fashion store owned and run by Sol.


It was at The Allotment Store that I came across the brand the House of Nines. I bought a suit and some other items made by them and also started following them on various social media platforms. 


During January of Level 06, I saw a post on the House of Nines' instagram saying they were looking for interns. I wrote them an email and sent them my CV and digital portfolio.

After some email exchanges I discovered that the internship was for six months and I realised I would not be able to start until the summer as I wanted to complete my degree. 


After informing them of this they still said they were interested in meeting me so I arranged to meet Ross at Jacket Required, a trade show in London. 




After this I was offered the six month internship and given the option of starting when I finish my degree in the summer.

The issue with this is that it is unpaid and in London. I would therefore have to find a way of supporting myself - part-time job, freelance graphic design, anything I could do to support myself.


I am still looking for other options just to give myself a variety of routes. 

 

The briefs that are scored are the briefs that I am no longer doing.

L - Live
O - Ongoing
C - Collaboration
F - Finished
CP - Competition 




No comments:

Post a Comment