Sunday 19 April 2015

CREATIVE SKILLSET - PRESENTATION

This year several courses from Leeds College of Art applied for the Creative Skillset Tick.

The Creative Skillset Tick is awarded to courses that prepare their students for industry.

The tick shows that the course prepares you for a job in the creative industries and is endorsed by industry.

As part of the process for acquiring the tick the Creative Skillset come and look at the worrk and speak to the students from each level. 

As well as this, a student from each level is asked to present in front of panel.

I was asked to present to the panel.


I initially made a list of all the points that I thought should be included in the presentation, focusing on areas that were influenced by or related to industry.

I then went on to produce my presentation, initially writing down all the information that I wanted to get across in my presentation.



Presentation:



I initially highlighted some of the major industry related areas of the course.


I then talked through my method or process of working.

I chose to talk about the YCN Student Awards : Royal Albert Hall brief as it was for the responsive module in second year, I worked collaboratively with Pri, it was a competition brief and we won.

I proceeded to talk through the project:


Starting with our independent trip to London to visit the Royal Albert Hall for primary research.

I then talked about the key design decisions that we made together; that choice of colours and the duotone images.
 



I then talked through the work that I had done for the project - all of the printed ephemera.





I followed that by talking through the work Pri had done for the brief - all the digital design.


 Talk through the other technicalities and important parts of this project and every project that are relevant for industry.


I finished off talking about the project by concluding it with our award and the presentation ceremony in London.

I followed this up by talking through how we are encouraged to work as professionals, rather than students, in Level 06.

How we are required to undertake a placement and work, present and function as if we were professionals working in a large studio.


I then discussed the industry input on the course. 

The visiting professional that come in to give talks, workshops, briefs and feedback.


I finally talked about PPP and how we have to develop an industry presence and how were develop and prepare for life after college.

I also talked about the importance of developing a strong portfolio to sent out and take to industry, something we see as having to do.

And how we are helped with this through surgeries.


No comments:

Post a Comment