Wednesday 5 November 2014

INTERESTS - PEAKY BLINDERS, DO IT GOES AND VASSILIS KARIDIS

One of my favourite TV dramas at the moment is the BBC2 period drama 'PEAKY BLINDERS'. Set in 1920s England it is about Birmingham gangsters lead by Thomas Shelby. The reason I like it is due to the cinematography, the sets and the costumes.


The style is very distinctive and has some relevance to contemporary trends, such as the haircuts, the short trousers and boots. This was an era when looking smart was imperative, a ideal that is somewhat lost on most people today. The style and tailoring in the show is something I really enjoy.

As I was looking at the Peaky Blinders and the lead actor Cillian Murphy on the internet, I found a series of photos of Cillian Murphy for the magazine So It Goes.

'In a feature that’s long been whipping the So It Goes team into a fevered state of anticipation, we teamed up with the star of Inception, The Dark Knight and BBC gangster epic The Peaky Blinders, Cillian Murphy, to shoot the cover of So It Goes, Issue.3.
Helmed by the prodigiously talented Greek photographer Vassilis Karidis and styled by Rose Forde, the feature will be available in all its printed glory in the last week of April.'







I was taken by two elements of this article; firstly, the clothes he was wearing, who styled him and where were the clothes from and secondly, who took the photos.

I tried to do some further research into the stylist and the clothes but I couldn't seem to find out much more, so I decided to look into the photographer.

Vassilis Karidis is a Greek photographer and the co-founder of Dapper Dan magazine, a men’s fashion and philosophy biannual.

I have always had an interest in photography, however this has become much more prominent recently as I have began to find photographers I really like. I have found that my main interests in photography is probably fashion photography and portrait photography, however I also like urban landscape and documentary photography.

















 


No comments:

Post a Comment